Black Widow, is one of the deadliest women in the Marvel universe. Trained as an assassin by the Soviet Union and gifted with extended life, she started out as an enemy of Iron Man and became a hero who joined the Avengers and in the EndGame sacrificed her life to get the soul stone to save others.
She is a Hero and all Marvel Fans would agree that she deserves a statue of honour. It turns out not a lot of people know about the Black Widow and how she came to be the hero we all love. So here you have it, 7 facts you probably didn’t know about the Black Widow
1) REAL NAME: Natasha Romanoff was born in the Soviet Union as Natalia Alianovna Romanova
2) PARENTS: She was Orphaned as a child and was rescued during an attack on Stalingrad by a man named Ivan Petrovitch Bezukhov, who looked after and trained the girl.
3) FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE HEROES: During World War II, Natasha was kidnapped by the Hand, who sought to make her a brainwashed master assassin. Luckily, she was rescued by Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Logan (who would later become Wolverine).
4) SHE LOST TWO HUSBANDS: During the War, the young Natasha served in the Russian army where she fell in love with a young soldier named Nikola. Their union ended in sadness as Nikolai died during the war and the baby girl they gave birth to died. Her second husband when she was older Alexei Shostakov, a renowned test pilot who faked his own death after accepting a job s an undercover agent for the soviet union. Once he’d accepted the job, he could no longer have any contact with his wife. Romanoff simply got a message telling her that her husband had died and she was taken to be trained as a solo agent. The grief drove her deep into training
5) HOW DID SHE BECOME THE BLACK WIDOW: Black Widow is a title she gained after grief for Shostakov drove her will deeper and she continued her education with the Red Room Academy.
Subsequent World War II, Natasha progressed into the Black Widow Program, where young girls like her were conditioned to become sleeper agents. Her extensive training in the Red Room made Natasha into a warrior with few peers. She is skilled in many forms of martial arts including aikido, judo, karate, savate, and boxing. In addition, she is an amazing gymnast and uses her acrobatics to gain an edge in combat. Her fighting skills are augmented by a variant of the Super-Soldier serum, which she was given as part of the Black Widow program. Although this treatment doesn’t give her superhuman strength like Captain America, Natasha operates at peak human condition. The serum also grants her an improved immune system and enhanced durability, which explains why she has barely aged over the years, retaining her youthful appearance
6) SHE CANT CONCEIVE: Trained at a facility called the Red Room, where she was sterilised and lost the ability to conceive. She explained to Bruce Banner the Hulk: “In the Red Room, where I was trained, where I was raised, um, they have a graduation ceremony. They sterilize you. It’s efficient. One less thing to worry about. The one thing that might matter more than a mission. Makes everything easier – even killing.”
7) HAWKEYE WAS INITIALLY SENT TO KILL HER: When Natasha Romanoff first got involved with S.H.I.E.L.D., it wasn’t through a job application or interview process. In fact, as she says herself, she was on their radar “in a bad way.” They sent Clint Barton, better known as Hawkeye, to eliminate her.
However, he decided to ignore the order and became her friend instead. He could see that she was skilled and had been trained well, so he decided to develop a partnership with her. The two have since been on missions all over the world and they’ve always got each other’s backs. In the EndGame, both fight to prevent the other form sacrificing their self.